There is something very charming and magical about little things of tiny stature. Little things remind us of make believe places and fairytale dreams. Enter a world of little things, called Tinytopia. In this world, you can experience the limitless possibilities of creating your very own little village. What is your ideal perfect world? Is it whimsical, contemporary, folksy, fantastic, or quirky? Whatever you decide your Tinytopia should be, Mary Jane Chadbourne will share the journey with you, making your very own little wooden houses and dwellings in various sizes and shapes.
In this workshop, she explores numerous techniques and applications. She will discuss overall design, preparation and construction with a plethora of different options that will be available for you to consider as you create your houses and dwellings. She will you how she works intuitively from the beginning to the end of a creation, building upon layers with color, energy and technique. As your own little world begins to take form Mary Jane will guide you through the entire process so that you will have created your very own Tinytopia, filled with visual expressions of what your perfect world would be!
These are just some of the topics covered in this workshop:
• Collage – compositions, prepping substrates and how to work successfully with collage
• Clay – how to successfully create polymer clay tiles that are beautiful and can be worked into the design of the house
• How to successfully create polymer clay roofs and tile that are beautiful and can be worked into the design of the houses
• Painting techniques to wood
• Copper embossing techniques
• Wood Burning (Pyrography) – how to successfully apply this unique method to give your structures uniqueness
• How to utilize everyday items that can be recycled and used on the houses
• Working with watercolors, inks and acrylics
• Working with canvas showing various techniques on how to incorporate tiny dwellings
• Creating dimension with embossing and stenciling
• Working with plaster casting that creates texture and dimension
• Different ways to utilize your wonderful little creations
Please be sure to check your e-mail purchase receipt for file attachments containing your materials and supply list, and any handouts provided with this workshop DVD.
Mary Jane Chadbourne is a self taught artist who has spent decades working in a myriad of artistic forms. She has a passion for bright, vivid colors, textures and metals and known for creating one of a kind art pieces that are thoughtfully infused with meaningful themes which evoke words and symbols as messages in her work.
Originally from New York, Mary Jane now resides in the desert southwest. Her artistic vision is constantly inspired by the intense colors of the sunrises and sunsets and the vibrant landscapes of the desert.
Mary Jane has taught workshops and teaching is one of the things she gets the most pleasure from! Sharing her techniques and experience with others is something she values immensely. She also enjoys donating her artwork for fund raising art auctions in her community to help raise funds for many deserving and needy charities.
Mary Jane’s Artful Gathering Retreat workshops include, Saints, Sinners and Shrines: Alternatives to Honoring the Divine Within, Tinytopia and the Magic of Little Things, Imaginarium: Anthologies of an Art Doll, House of Cards, The Spoken Soul: Altered Cards for Daily Inspiration, and Metamorphosis Collage Bracelets.
Her work has been exhibited in art galleries in Las Vegas and Utah. www.DesertDreamStudios.weebly.com