Join mixed media jewelry artist Julie Ryen while she takes you on a journey of creating an on trend multi-wrap bracelet design combining textures, metals and techniques. In this course Julie will demonstrate her step by step techniques and tips for successful micro torch silver soldering, working with sheet metals, resin, combining elements and so much more!
This course is technique driven while resulting in a completed multi-wrap bracelet jewelry design. Julie will teach you all the standalone techniques that you will then combine to create your multi-wrap bracelet. These techniques can also be used as standalone elements or incorporated into your own bracelet, necklace and earrings designs – the possibilities are endless.
Julie has also included a bonus project where she will teach you how to create standalone heart forms that will be filled with tinted or colored resin and taken to the next level with a foil and stamped effect – so fun and unique! And if that wasn’t enough she will also show you how to use silicone molds with resin for fun charm accents.
Within this workshop you will learn how to:
- Use the micro-torch safely and successfully
- Work with sheet metal to create and form shapes
- Patina and clean your metal pieces
- Successfully solder elements together using extra easy and easy silver solder
- Add textures and stamp words
- Create a handmade, soldered sterling silver and copper link chain
- Form heart shapes from bezel wire, solder and fill with resin
- Create a unique double-loop wrapped link from copper and sterling silver
- Cut and incorporate leather into your design
- Create a wire wrapped bead chain
- Create two different S-hook closures
- Set eyelets and rivets
- Putting it all together to create your own wrap bracelet design
- Julie will share her tips and tricks for getting successful results working with resin in open bezel forms, tints, colors, foils and textures
- Using resin and silicone molds
This class is packed with techniques, tips and ideas to help you on your journey to “Follow Your Heart”
Please be sure to check your e-mail purchase receipt for file attachments containing your materials and supply list, and any handouts provided with this workshop DVD.
Julie Ryen is a mixed media jewelry artist with a passion for creating unique jewelry designs that incorporate vintage found objects – giving these pieces a new life. Julie has studied and collected vintage and antique jewelry for over 20 years and has been creating her own jewelry designs for the past 8. When not working on new jewelry designs she enjoys spending time with her husband going to flea markets, antique malls and estate sales searching for vintage treasures. Julie spends her time between Washington State during the summer months and enjoying the warm sunshine weather of Arizona during the winter months. Many of Julie’s unique jewelry designs have been published in the Stampington Jewelry Affaire publication. You will find her jewelry designs in her Etsy shop jryendesigns.etsy.com